Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here I Am!...

in case you were wondering. :) My wonderful husband, the law, gave me an external keyboard for my birthday. Woohoo. I am connected again. My computer is still acting a bit quirky and some of my apps are exhibiting signs of chokedness. My new word--look for it in Webster soon.

We got a big dump of snow today. It was awesome. I snuck out and got a few pictures after it actually STOPPED snowing. I think I may need to invest in snowshoes. Those drifts are gargantuan. Here are a few to prove it actually did happen on my street.

I walked off the front porch and couldn't find the stairs. I thought it would be nice to walk out and get a picture of the front of the house. I fell down a few times because it was so deep.
The future pilot was just light enough to be able to stay close to the surface. It gave him a great advantage in lobbing his snow balls at unsuspecting souls--me.
The law was hard at work while we played. Shoveling. Shoveling. Shoveling. I love him.
The snow has given ole Hank the means to escape. We are hoping he doesn't figure out that he could simply walk over the fence now.
Stay tuned to this channel. I've promised the kids we'd build an igloo tomorrow. They are probably not going to let me off the hook.

2 comments:

Alex said...

If the roads were clear, you'd be more than welcome to dig an Igloo out of our piles. The biggest one is approximately 15x25 feet. By morning it should be pretty danged solid.

Just A Girl said...

That snow is stunning! So glad you braved it to take pictures. Wow.